1. I ordered our holiday cards last weekend and they should arrive shortly. I’m happy they are ordered and can be ready to go out after Thanksgiving.
2. It’s been over a month since I deactivated my Facebook account. I one hundred percent stand by the decision, but I do miss my few close girlfriends that I don’t text with constantly. Two are on Instagram and I am working on the others. The lack of online communication is making me reach out more via email/text to friends, which I like.
3. Becky’s wedding shower is this weekend! I can’t wait to stuff my face with dessert at the Melting Pot. And see family and friends and celebrate my (original) little sister.
4. Alfred seems less puppy-like every day. When we got to doggie day care Tuesday he was half asleep in the back of the car, not with his nose pressed up against the window, ready to jump out like usual. I think we’ve entered the teen years.
5. I started running again this week. Very slowly and with walking to break it up. My back still is sore from injuring it at the gym this summer, but I hope starting back slowly helps.
Week 37 (August 5 – August 11)
This was the first normal week we’ve had in a while. Greg had a short trip to Chicago and I started a new project at work. We went to an awesome Sounders game (W over RSL!) on Friday night, had our friends Ryan & Jered over for dinner on Saturday, and met baby Roux on Sunday. Live I’ve been doing with babies, I’ll add a little insert with her birth announcement when it comes.
I haven’t been in a wedding aside from my own since 2007 and in 2014 I will be in two! My good friend Kathy sent this cute little card in anticipation of their wedding next fall. This week the weather was in to the 90s for a few days, I’m pretty sure for the last time this year. It was a fun few bonus days of summer but I am really looking forward to everything fall. Maybe there is something to this whole seasons thing?
Supplies used: Seafoam project life kit; Studio Calico Double Scoop kit; label stickers from the Kelly Purkey August + September kit; stamps and free quote cards from EliseJoy.