Everyone seems to do a ‘five on friday’ post these days. When I decided to do one today I wanted to give credit to whoever came up with the idea but I found several in just a few minutes spent with google. So I’m just going with it.
1. We are leaving Maui today. I am both sad and happy. It’s been such a relaxing and fun time spending these seven days with Greg. No plans, no calendars, no work email. Just getting up and deciding what to do that day depending on what sounded good. However, my (lame) stomach is saying “please let’s go home and eat normal food again so I stop hating you”.
2. Since we decided to do a No Spend October I didn’t end up decorating for fall much. I am eagerly anticipating decorating for Christmas, but I also don’t want to spend a ton. I’m continually reminding myself that the less I buy each year, the more I can buy in future years to grow our collection and adapt as my tastes change. This year I am thinking basic red + white. This simple felt garland from West Elm is the best and my current decor inspiration.
3. On the same theme, I am struggling with Christmas cards. We don’t really have a great picture from this year and my plans to capture an amazing one while on vacation didn’t happen. My thoughts right now are simple + gold + merry. Do people send card without pictures these days?
4. I really want a sewing machine now that I finished with my beginner’s class. Because I don’t need it I’m having a hard time pulling the trigger and spending $150. I’m trying to figure out what I can sell and therefore feel less guilty about the purchase.
5. I used to think relaxing vacations were a waste of money and PTO. Now I can’t decide if I want to go to eastern Europe, South America, or right back to this very condo in Kihei for our next trip. Sadly I have a few months to figure it out.